Thursday, June 21, 2007

Flickr Exploration

I explored Flickr some more. I took the Flickr tour. I've learned about tagging, and I've looked at groups. I focused on the Libraries and Librarians group. They had discussions about various things, including the legality of posting pictures of people attending library events on Flickr. That led to an article in USA Today on the topic. Someone also asked which Flickr librarians had MySpace accounts, and I looked at one of those. One thing constantly leads to another as you explore. I looked at several pages of the world map and brought up some pictures from places I've been to see what the pictures would be. (There was a great close-up photograph of a puffin in Iceland.) I think the world map is not the most time-effective way to do a search though. Previously when I searched Grand Tetons, that brought up lots of gorgeous pictures. Obviously having pictures tagged appropriately is very important for one to have an effective search. I will continue exploring Flickr to complete the assignment later. Ciao.

2 comments:

HCPL Techincal Trainer said...

I can't wait to see your blog posts when you get back into the program. You have plenty of time.

IrmBrown said...

You can still do this... Just start today... you'll see!