Monday, September 24, 2007

Flickr Fun

I'm back after a long break of renovating my condo, which is still underway, but the deadline for Library 2.0 is fast approaching.

I returned to Flickr and started investigating Third Party Apps. I tried Flicker Postcard Browser & found it amazing! I just entered search tag of Greece, and photographs came up in a grid. Once I saw that many of them were photographs of tourists that didn't interest me, I added to my tag the word "scenery." I chose to do "Turkey scenery" and was rewarded with photos of gorgeous sites in Turkey. I recommend Flickr Postcard Browser.

The first two Third Party Apps I tried didn't work. One was no longer there, and another just came up with a colored screen. Another implied it would crash my system. FlickRandom seemed to be just random photos, nothing special.

I spent at least an hour trying to download a picture from Flickr, with help from three staff members who have done it. It's been two or three months since they did it, and we couldn't get it to work.

Mashups are next.

No comments: