Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Audiobooks

Since HCPL has Overdrive downloadable books, I focused on them. I established an account on our website. I looked at the titles we have available. I saw that there are quite a few reading list titles available in the Classics section. I also looked through the biography/autobiography titles. I am amazed at how many there are. We also have a large number of Mystery/Suspense titles. I was impressed by the large number of Laura Lippman titles we have, but disappointed that there were only three by Robert B. Parker. I like the way we have highlighted new titles and those recently returned on the "front page" of the service. I took the Overdrive Digital Media Guided Tour. It was very easy to understand and very thorough. Once I have an MP3 player, I will look forward to downloading something. One title I was interested in - Bad Business by Parker - has 5 holds on it, and we only own 1 copy, so that's disappointing.

I went to Project Gutenberg and was amazed by the quantity of titles that are available. Many are quite academic in nature. It's helpful to be aware of this resource.

No comments: