Sunday, September 30, 2007

Technorati

I've been to Technorati's home page and looked at some of the entries. New ones pop up every few seconds on their list. It reminds me of what I wanted to name my blog, but I didn't because it's the name of a book we own at the library. The title is It's All Too Much. I feel that way about all of this. Technorati is obviously a useful tool to zero in on subjects among other things. I read the long explanation of how they have worked to improve their service in many ways. I am trying to watch their video, but I don't seem to have enough memory or something. I heard a few words and then nothing, yet it seems to continue playing. Volume isn't the problem, because I do have it set high enough. I did a few searches in the meantime on Technorati, but the attempt to watch the Technorati video on itself has resulted in it never opening. And I can't close it. I'll have to shut down and start over.

My search of "Learning 2.0" led me to the most recent posting by Helen Bowers herself on her blog. http://www.librarybytes.com/2007/09/license-to-play.html She thinks there have been about 200 versions of Learning 2.0 launched. Her blog also includes Learning 2.1, which I looked through. It looks like fun. I tagged her blog to put on my del.icio.us favorites. I feel clever, oh so clever!

Many of the other entries on the list seem to be blog entries by other librarians participating in Learning 2.0. I won't be looking at those, and I refuse to claim my blog to have it officially listed on Technorati. No need to further clutter up the web any more than necessary. It's already "all too much."

I checked out the Popular heading on Technorati and went to the most "favorited" site, www.boingboing.net. It is very interesting. There was mention of books entitled "Uglies" & "Pretties," among others. When I clicked on that it sent me to Amazon.com and reviews of this series of teen books, the Uglies Trilogy by Scott Westerfield. Our system owns them, and I'm going to check out Joppa's copy of the talking book. By the way, when I went to BoingBoing, the filter stopped me due to nudity, but I imagine it's strictly of an artistic nature. So ultimately, I'm impressed by Technorati and consider it a useful site. I also tagged BoingBoing to look at again.

No comments: